Today is Chuseok (추석), which is the traditional Korean harvest festival. But more on that later.
I need to take care of a few maintenance things first, and rather than stick them at the end (as I would normally do), I am dealing with them now, since I feel they need emphasizing.
First, I am planning on changing the appearance of the emoticons. I will be using TaniDaReal’s Foxy Mood Icon set. Here is what the readme says:
I hope you like the Foxy Mood Icon set. Feel free to use it as you wish. Giving credit is always welcome. Please upload the images to your own webspace to use them (please do not just link to my website). The pictures are transparent gif files that work on all backgrounds. Enjoy! ~ TaniDaReal (www.tanidareal.com)
So there is credit where credit is due for when the emoticon appearance change takes place.
Second, to those businesses or spammers who have posted comments that my on-page Search Engine Optimization (SEO) isn’t that great: No duh! That’s not my goal. I’m naming pages with my own names rather than use the standard because I’m trying to fit a certain theme. If not many people read my blog, then that is fine (yes, it would be cool to have many readers, but that’s not my primary goal). I would rather spend my time and effort on creating worthwhile content than advertising and I don’t have a current need to pay anyone to advertise and optimize for me.
Third, I’ve dug out the tunnels to what should be the last of the main areas. Since some of you may be lost or confused, I’ll provide a guide.
- Fox’s Den = The home page (because a den is a fox’s home)
- Ramblings = The blog (because my blog is a collection of my ramblings)
- Scriptorium = Writing/art showcase (because the scriptorium is where monks copied books and illustrated manuscripts)
- Chapel Ruins = Bible study information page (because you study the Word in both)
- Scones & Tea = About me (because you might be served these if you sat down to get to know me in person)
- The Meadow = Links (because a meadow is filled with a variety of paths going many different places)
- Starwatching Rock = Contact Me (because of what my name means, this is where you are most likely to find me)
I hope that has provided enough clarity on the matter. If you think I need to provide this guide on a “static” page, then please comment on this post! And with that, I will get back to rambling on Pizza and Chuseok. Continue reading